I am not sure if something just clicked in my head or what not, but clearly something is working.
I realize a few things:
1. Thinking too much about what I eat and my macros and protein and what the fuck what, isn't good for me. It might work well for millions, but it is just not a healthy thing for me to do. Yes, I did learn a lot about eating more protein as an almost vegetarian, but desperately trying each day with the help of protein powders and crap to eat over 50 grams or way more is just not for me. That doesn't mean that I ignore this, because it is a nutrient my body needs, but I can't be making it the center of my day.
2. The less I thought about the eating plan and the food, the more relaxed I became and let's face it. The post about the leather trousers says it all. How does that happen without really trying....or without paying attention to it? Exactly. Something might have just clicked in my head, let's hope so.
3. I like the way I feel about myself and my body right now and I would very much like to keep it this way, but I know that my relationship with my body is a rollercoaster like for many others. But maybe my renewed attitude toward 2014 being a year of less fear and more joy? Maybe that's a good thing.
4. I think I like the 5:2 thing. I am not doing it probably to the point some truly 5:2 people do it, whatever that means, but I think my body likes it and I like it too. Mentally I feel much freer on the days where I don't fast. It's really lovely. Example: I went away last weekend and I think Friday was my second fast day for the week. Saturday morning 5 am off to the airport and we went to get breakfast. I ordered porridge and ate some of it, but it was basically a bit crappy. On any other normal day, I would have completely made myself wait until lunch to eat again. But somehow, I felt much freer to go to a bakery and gobble up croissant to tie me over to lunch. That doesn't sound like a big thing, but for me that was pretty nice, guilt-free, happy. I think my body is also less bloated on the other days where I eat normal. Might be wishful thinking, but I don't think so. So, while i can't imagine doing this more than 2 days in a 7 day period, I am really liking it so far.
5. I am hungry now and need some food :)