Waking up this morning and walking to work was a bit odd, because it felt really ODD that I was in the UK and that my friend family wasn't just one room or town over. It felt lonely, but at the same time I am still on a high from my wonderful visit.
A few things:
1. Boston hasn't changed much, thank god. I am grateful for that. I stepped into the Terminal at Logan and immediately felt at home. This is good knowledge, because I don't feel that here or even my birth country and I would have been pretty sad if that feeling would be gone in Boston. But no. It just felt like home. I was properly relieved and couldn't wipe my smile off my face.
2. I hadn't realized how much thinking is required to shop for groceries here. I hadn't really noticed, but when I walked into Stop 'n Shop I realized that I knew every product (pretty much) in that store. I knew what I liked and what I didn't like and voila. Here in the UK, I still figure out what I like and what I don't like and I think, without even knowing, I do "think" a lot while shopping (will I Like it? How much is it? Will it be a waste of money if I hate it? etc). So that was a nice surprise.
3. Driving around Boston and being able to give people directions on where to go and park was awesome...cause...let's face it. I barely can find my way from my workplace to the train in London.
4. I am loved and I feel so lucky I have such amazing friends. It didn't feel like I had been gone 1.5 years. That's awesome an gives me hope that time will pass quickly.
5. I miss my friends already. But I know now for sure that nothing has changed and I am back in 6 months for a wedding. YAY.
6. I still love Wheat Thins Reduced Fat in a bad, bad, bad way. I love them hard.
7. Fajitas are the best. Particularly at my favorite joint.
8. Monsieur's at the M Bar are still my favorite cocktail.
9. Tapeo still does good Tapas, but where is the gluten free bread? If you have a gluten free menu, come on, folks!
10. Boston is the most beautiful city. People are friendly and customer service is ace. I loved it and it was a nice reminder that when people smile more, their day is a ton better.
12. Washington DC is an awesome city. It is growing on me more and more.
11. I shopped successfully, more on that later. :)
Thank you Boston for loving me back. I will be back. Soon and then soon again!